We came across this organization and think what they are doing is fantastic. Learn more about them below, visit their website and see how you can participate.
No water to drink, or even to make coffee with. No water to shower, flush the toilet, or do laundry. Hospitals would close without water. Firefighters couldn’t put out fires and farmers couldn’t water their crops.
Some communities in America already know how impossible it is to try to go a day without our most precious resource: Water. But many Americans take water for granted every day. Imagine a Day Without Water 2018 is the fourth annual day to raise awareness and educate America about the value of water.
- 750 organizations participated in Imagine a Day Without Water by hosting tours, open houses, student art contests, authoring blogs and op-eds, issuing resolutions, posting videos, recording podcasts, and more!
- Social media activities generated over 6 million impressions using #ValueWater.
- Robust print and broadcast media coverage in markets across the country reaching 4.5 million viewers and listeners. Radhika Fox, Director of the Value of Water Campaign, participated in 25 television and radio interviews spotlighting Imagine a Day Without Water in media markets in the US and Canada. Hits included the nationally syndicated Coffee with America and “The Morning Briefing with Tim Farley” on Sirius XM Radio.
- Mayors and governors issued proclamations and resolutions in city halls and state houses across the country.
- Dozens of schools engaged students at all grade levels with water-related curriculum, art contests and essay contests on what a day without water means to them.