Part of our commitment to serve with excellence at Rainwater Resources™ means providing our clients up to date, accurate, information about all things water. The following articles range from expert opinions to technical briefings. We hope this serves you well in being able to conveniently find the information you need about rainwater harvesting. If you are unable to find the information you are looking for, please contact one of our water specialists today.
Here are some interesting facts about water; how much we have, how much gets wasted, and how we use it. Only 3% of Earth’s water is fresh water the other 97% is salt water. 30% of fresh water is in the ground. 1.7% of the world’s water is frozen and therefore...read more
By: Dr. Dennis Lye, USEPA Abstract Scientific studies worldwide are reviewed concerning both the collection of rainwater from rooftops and the quality of the water delivered from these systems. Recent reports reveal a better understanding of this water source and the...read more
According to the U.S. Geological Survey Circular 1279, 76,500 million gallons per day of water were withdrawn from principal aquifers in the U.S. for the year 2000. Irrigation comprised about 74% of that amount, with public supply comprising about 21%. The cost of...read more
This article explains the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) points available for integrating a properly designed rainwater harvesting system into your home or building. SS Credit 6.1 – Stormwater Quantity Control, 1 Point Intent – Limit disruption...read more